Saturday, 28 February 2009

This is how I hoped it might be....




Saturday lunchtime in Marin, Martinique at the best wifi spot in town! The photos above have only just this minute been taken. We are in the boatyard having dinghyed across from the boat to one of those wonderful little places, run by a husband and wife team where you can get just about anything......a little general store ( limited stock though after 23 days of general strike) but they have icecream and beer so who cares? They also sell petrol and diesel..... well, usually, and water, which is free to boatowners. The wifi reception is perfect, the best we've found so far anywhere, fast and free!! They have a free book exchange with thousands of books in a variety of languages. They also do laundry at the best price so far and if I'd asked, so she said, I could have had those "stubborn" stains removed too!!! Her English is very good too so I'm being extra lazy and not even trying to speak French. What a couple of stars!!! If you like rugby, you could even follow the Scotland/Italy match, currently showing on TV. The cat obviously belongs to this place, food is nearby and dogs are not welcome!
The weather is perfect for a change, I have a cold beer. I'm staying put for a little while longer!

No comments: