Obligatory posing shot....we all had one!!
From the islander aircraft as we circled round the falls.
This is a gold mine!!
We are due to leave Guyana tomorrow and head north westish for Grenada where we have to have some important boaty things fixed (the generator!) and then plan the trip west to Blanquila. I've enjoyed being here a lot for all sorts of reasons. The people are so nice and the wildlife is spectacular. The weather has also been spectacular. Thunderstorms nearly every day and blistering heat inbetween.
The problems on the boat made things a little difficult as we couldn't take the boat to other islands nearby...so I didn't get to see anteaters or armadillos but we did manage a trip to the zoo in Georgetown before we left and although it was a little old and run down in places, the animals looked quite happy and well fed. They had a jaguar there too!
I shall be out of touch for a week or so but hope to get back online in Prickly Bay, Grenada where the wifi is excellent.
No comments:
Post a Comment