Friday, 19 February 2010

A few mediocre photos of Panama wildlife before we leave for Las Perlas

A sloth! It was in the tree about 6feet away from us completely at home and munching away.








A porupine!! Again, in the tree about 6 feet away and casually observing it's audience of 30 or so. I suppose they have much fear of anyone?






A cayman......!!! Looking down into the pit where it lived..... They are around here in the wild too but quite hard to spot as they only come out to bask occasionally. We were told not to swim in the marina as a pair had been spotted there the other week killing a wild pig!




Er.......a very tiny little yellow bird if you can spot it....but it was extremely close anyway! I saw lots of other exotic birds but no chance of a photo.


We are leaving Panama tomorrow for Las Perlas and then on to Galapagos for the 9th of March where I may be able to get online again.
We have stocked up the boat for up to 4 months as food etc here is so much cheaper than in the Pacific Islands....84 litres of milk for a start (I don't touch the stuff myself.....there are several cases of beer though.....30p a can and litre boxes of red wine at £1.50 each.....!!) Just too good to miss.
I hope the Galapagos live up to expectations....so far it seems that the most important thing to have is enough dollars to pay for it all....$100 for a start per crew member before anchoring charges etc are calculated.
No idea how much the excursions will be but I suspect a little on the expensive side?
Hope to have better photos to post from there......

No comments: