Tuesday, 7 September 2010

The tiniest part of tropical North Queensland

A pair of posers at Cape Hillsborough National Park resort. There were a fair few around happily eating the grass which was therefore quite short. I didn't step in anything though so maybe they "go" elsewhere? I think these may be wallaroos in fact...they were smaller than me anyway.


These signs are eveywhere along the coast. They build special netted swimming areas on some beaches to keep these little buggers out but we heard that there are some other jellyfish even smaller that can swim through the nets. Just one more reason not to get into the water.



And here's another one! I was told that they come along and remove troublesome "salties" from the area but that they have a sort of homing instinct and just swim back to where they came from. I'm just not prepared to risk it!




This is the tiniest part of North Queensland looking west from Eungella National Park.







Another tiny part of North Queensland. I hope you will recognise it. They are quite small and you need a little patience but worth the wait anyway.




No comments: