Monday, 24 November 2008

THE NE WIND DOTH BLOW

Five weeks to go now and the panic is starting to set in. Had a little piece on Radio Guernsey this morning about giving up flagmaking and was almost immediately inundated with a phone call.. well maybe two or three... all asking if I could just make them one or two extra flags before I go.... NO I CAN'T!!!! I also need to EAT.

My new passport arrived. One more thing to tick off the list and ok except that they've done something to my photo so that I look like Myra Hindley in her most notorious mugshot and not only that, I look just like she would have looked 40 years later. Great!

I arranged to have my vaccinations done this week but decided that I might not yet be well enough to get these jabs after the flu etc. Sure enough, the doctor put me on antibiotics (first time in over 10 years I've resorted to them) and then he decided that I should have a blood test just in case I have some underlying condition which might leave me needing more drugs for an as yet undiagnosed problem or two. Can't wait especially as I am also currently arranging insurance to cover me for at least a year away and if I DO have some underlying condition, I'm supposed to declare it on the form.... but I may not know this yet...... Catch 22. Time is running out.

My dentist, Stefan, and his nurses, on the other hand was absolutely delightful..... until I have to pay that is!! It was suggested to me by the hygenist to stay off the coffee and red wine because of the staining.... No chance! In fact, I think I might just open a bottle right now.......

No comments: