Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Almost time for the off!

Arrived in Las Palmas Monday evening. Horrible trip! I HATE FLYING!! Yesterday we had the most atrocious weather wind gusting to 42 knots apparently but at least it was cool on the boat so that stowing all the gear wasn't too uncomfortable. Today is more like it, pleasant sunshine. Heard it was 3degC in Guernsey today!
We are very cramped on board; everyone else has diving gear with them. (I like being on the water, not under it!) and you wouldn't believe how much fruit we are expected to get through before we can sit at the table. A whole hand of green bananas is lashed to the backstay. Hope there aren't any big spiders enjoying a free trip with us!
We are due to leave this afternoon around 2pm and have all had to guess how long the trip will last. The one closest gets a free meal in Barbados. Last time in 2005, I won and am still waiting for the meal......!

So that's about it.... Happy New Year to All and back in touch as soon as I can when we get to the other side.

No comments: