It's just too hot to do anything apart from stand by the galley fan or lounge around in the pool. Trouble is, the pool is at least 25 yards away and getting there is just too much effort when the temperature is 34 degrees yet again so here I shall stay until it cools down by about 4.30pm... I was going to make some little Christmas cakes using "Delia" but I have no glace cherries. Going to the shop to buy some would mean the most enormous effort, actually walking about half a mile. This is an absoloute impossibility so cakes will have to wait until I can get the airconditioned bus to the shopping mall next week....
The work on the boat is progressing which is a good sign. Many boats sit here for months with nothing being done at all. The yard workers are very good at stopping work for all sorts of reasons so they have to be gently nudged into continuing until the job is finished.
I have been helping to feed the dear little cat, Phantom who lives around here. She is well fed and quite contented! She only gets fed in the evenings though when it's dark otherwise the birds eat her food. Cats in some of the other boatyards get fed too but not all. The uncared for cats look very skinny. There are also lots of sad and sorry dogs roaming around all over the island. Someone needs to sort out a neutering progamme I think.
We are going a barbeque this evening, the third time in a week I believe but it's probably the simplest way to cook and maybe the cleanest too in the end? A group of regulars meet "under the trees" for sundowners and food at around 5.30. We are mostly english speaking, Aussies, Americans and Brits. We were invaded by some Germans last week but we eventually learned to get there first and claim our seats before they arrived! At last Monday's gathering, I did some earcandling on a willing volunteer, Bill the retired US lawyer. See the photos on Pepe's blog address..... http://blog.mailasail.com/beezneez/381 I hope this link will work. It saves me a lot of writing.
On that note, it's started to rain so that means closing the hatches and absoloutely steaming below decks unless you sit outside and get wet. Some choice!!
No comments:
Post a Comment