Monday, 4 January 2010

More photos, these taken by Jim so they're much better!

In Willemstad where we spent so much time checking in and out though I believe on the day this photo was taken, we had managed to buy things in the shops there. Incredibly cheap it was too!!
The floating bridge is in the background. The houses were all really colourful. I liked it there!






Dick checks out a cannon in Willemstad.







This is Delicado on the buoys in Kralendijk, Bonaire. Photo taken from Karel's pier where we also spent some time most days. Nice orange juice they had there I remember... I have no photos of Bonaire because my camera was broken. The sea was a beautiful colour, all sand and coral.


Moonshiner taken from Delicado but I just can't tell where we were at the time! Possibly Spanish Water in Curacao? It's really nice doing this "buddy sailing" which we had been doing with Pete on Troutbridge until November. He's currently on his way here and we should meet up with him again in Panama (the San Blas Islands).



This is the waterfront in Willemstad. The stalls are set up for the cruise ship visitors. They were there in plenty over the Christmas season but only in the towns/cities and fortunately they don't get out to the remote yachtie anchorages. I'm sure the passengers are mostly delightful of course but they do end to overwhelm the smaller places like Bonaire when they arrive!




No comments: