,
View from internet cafe. Moonshiner out of picture on left. Beach looks clean enough to swim in!
There are 4 dolphins in this picture, or parts of them anyway. It's quite hard to take photos of fast moving animals underwater, I found out!
This is the one who looked at me, doing a roll, showing off? Not much of a "looker" though?!!
Sorry, I still haven't managed to post my blog the right way round, so all the pictures always get posted first, in reverse chronological order. I'm probably just too lazy to learn how to do it properly. It's the heat you know!! So: here's the "blurb" that you should have read first......
Sorry, I still haven't managed to post my blog the right way round, so all the pictures always get posted first, in reverse chronological order. I'm probably just too lazy to learn how to do it properly. It's the heat you know!! So: here's the "blurb" that you should have read first......
Had an overnight (22hours) sail with reasonable weather from Grenada to this place (Chaguaramas, the 2nd biggest town) in Trinidad with the only problem en route having to dodge several working oil rigs at 2am. I had no idea there was such a large oil industry here...... where has all the revenue from it gone? Trindad isn't poor as such from what I have seen so far but there is no sign of oil wealth really.
We had an escort of 6 dolphins for about 30mins who were performing rolls and turns around the bow...picture included....I had eye contact with one of them for quite some time, a first for me and rather nice really!! Think they were a bunch of old boys...they all looked slightly battle scarred!
Anyway, we are here now and the boat is coming out of the water, for some time, in two weeks to have a few essential maintenance jobs done before the long trip westwards later this year.
I was expecting unbearable weather and it IS hot, true, but there is a pleasant breeze for most of the day at the moment at least with average humidity around 70% which I can cope with!!
This is a very nice place to lay up for a while, much cheaper than the other islands and excellent facilities for yachties, all the chandleries and workshops you could wish for I believe.
We sailed to Trinidad from Prickly Bay in company, by arrangement ,with four other boats, Troutbridge being one of them and the others sailed by 3 Australian couples who have become good friends and all of whom have sailed from Australia via the Indian & Atlantic Oceans, over many years, to the Caribbean. We may very well find ourselves heading west later on this year together.......sailing in company is probably safer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment