Friday, 12 June 2009

Photos from the Swamp

Here as promised are some more photos of our "day out". Sorry if you're not a birder but they are just so colourful and different that it's hard not to take photos of them all...even the common ones. I've still to see a parrot close up but I'm hoping!
On the right is a close up ( not taken by me, so many thanks to Jim from Aussie!! but I took the credit for spotting it first!) of the pygmy kingfisher. It's red, black and white which are the colours of the Trinidad flag.
Below right are the scarlet ibis flying in formation back to their roosts in the mangrove swamp. I didn't take this photo either! Did the Red Arrows get one or two ideas from them I wonder?

Below is a nice portrait of our guide, Shaun, who knew simply everything about the wildlife that we saw on our trip through the mangrove swamp.







More ibis.......they really are this red! I have been trying to get a close up picture of the brown pelicans but I'm always just a little too slow with the camera.....I have plenty of time though and they appear regularly. Maybe I'll entice them by throwing them one or two fish. They always know where to look, following the fishermen as they put out their nets.



No comments: