Once again, we are just a little bit behind the Rally as they all left a few days ago for Moorea which looks wonderful, just a few hours sail from here. We are waiting for people to repair things. This time, there is more of a communication problem, surprisingly because hardly anyone speaks enough English and my French is OK except over the phone where everyone jabbers away so quickly that I get completely lost and misunderstand those important little words that make sense of everything…. Oops!
The wifi continues to be pretty useless and expensive but I have come ashore now while the boat is full of repairmen to find a better spot so that I can hopefully upload a photo or two. I had my hair cut a couple of days ago and it’s now quite short…nice to feel the air on my head again and I want to put an up to date photo on this blog!
I’m sitting in a nice place by the sea, surrounded by birds, (bulbuls and mynas) but no wifi here so I will have to move again. At least it’s not too hot yet and the insects aren’t biting much…it’s 8.15am here, 7.15pm in the UK.
The five traditional Polynesian boats all left last night after being here for a few days for some celebrations etc. They all looked quite spectacular as they left in the fading light (at least one photo came out so fingers crossed for the uploading). The crews were putting on a show as they went, singing and dancing, and the boat from the Cook Islands that had been alongside us did the haka. They were also blowing on triton shells to summon all the crews back on board. I’m pleased we were still here and in the middle of it all. They are lovely people and obviously very happy with their lives, mostly simple and traditional except that they all have mobile phones now!!
Moving on along the coast a little to an open air cafe, I find that the wifi signal is excellent for a change so here goes with the photos..and sorry they are so poor. My camera just isn't up to the job. It can't be my lack of photography skills can it? It has cost me nearly £7 for an orange juice here though. This place is exorbitant!
No comments:
Post a Comment