Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Positively the very last time I try to upload anything in Tahiti!


Hoorah! At last I've managed to do this. You won't believe how much it has cost to upload these few nondescript pictures...certainly more than the haircut which you can't really see here anyway! Oh well........




The view from down the road. Moorea in the background.







The traditional boats, pirogues, I think the French called them, which were just about to sail off into the sunset.






The view across the road from the marina with the mountains in the background. They are usually bathed in cloud and as I write this, they can't be seen at all as it's pouring with rain...again!
We should be leaving here in a day or so for the Cook Islands possibly via one or two of the other smaller islands in the group. We have been put off Bora Bora as it's a hotbed of crime apparently. So much for the "most beautiful place on Earth" title! Huahine sounds quite nice and not touristy and there's another one beginning with M whose name I've forgotten but it has lots of vowels in it as do most of these places.
Tahiti has been an expensive experience with lovely people along with the flowers and the frenchness of it all but it'll be good to move on to a quieter place where it's easier to imagine how it must have been in Cook's or Bligh's day... I expect they'll have internet though....?

No comments: