
Not really weather, this one though there was ceratinly some around! A large barge being towed backwards into the Lombok Strait and also on fire, hence the smoke! Odd. I think it may have been rubbish that was alight and there was a man up in the bow observing it. No real
danger then but a bit of a shipping hazard I think!

This is just sunrise at Rok Nok, Thailand. it's quite hard to get a sunrise, not because I am always asleep of course. It's just usually too hazy to see.

This is the scene just before a squall hits, providing the weather is coming your way. The sea is an amzing misty emerald green and the sky is pewter. Not captured very well here unfortunately. Thia squall brought 40 knot gusts and rather a lot of rain for half an hour or so.

I was lucky to capture this one, a waterspout in the Java Sea behind a rather nasty squall. This one passed behind us fortunately but we certainly got wet with other squalls passing overhead.

This is an earlier photo of the strait between Flores and Rinca, Indonesia. Interesting in the sense that it is very much like the Alderney Race with up to 9 knots which we are well used to of course but some of the other Rally boats were a little apprehensive. Speeds for all of us were well into double figures for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment