
Me in a bellydancing costume shop in Kuala Lumpur. I was drawn to all the gorgeous colours...just like Trinidad's carnival shops. These photos are courtesy of Val and David on "Angel" to whom we swept all the rubbish that had accumulated around Moonshiner's hull here in Klang the other day, the photos of which I posted a couple of days ago. I'm surprised they are still speaking to us! Mind you, most of the rubbish returned upriver with the tide later on that day and an awful lot of it is still bobbing up and down around the marina.

Val took a much better photo of the Petronas towers than I did. This is the image that you see everywhere and shows how they really look.

We four had a meal in Kuala Lumpur in a reggae bar. Pictures of Bob Marley all over the place and run by a Ghanian (How do you spell that?). Anyway it was a nice honest sort of a meal and this picture makes me look less chunky than most!! Thanks again Val. I was rather underdressed. The women are mostly Muslim and wear headscarves and sleeves. I bought some traditional (very cheap...£3.00) headgear in the end but I haven't worn it yet. It may come in handy for keeping out the draughts on night watches..... Makes me look just a tad pious!

This is an earlier photo of a group of Blue water people at a Chinese restaurant in Singapore with our delightful hostesses Eunice and Guan. Angels Val and David are standing behind and seated next to me respectively.

And finally, the first Singapore sling at Raffles Long Bar. Tradition is to leave all those nutshells all over the place. They get stuck in your shoes. Ouch!
No comments:
Post a Comment