
A hornbill seen at Pangkor Island, Malaysia. I wish I could have heard the noise they make. It's supposed to be earthshattering.

These strange looking bamboo poles are apparently meant to lure little fish which turn lure bigger fish to prey on them which then lure the fishermen to catch them all. I have no idea how effective they are but the sea around these parts is choc a bloc with fishing boats trying to catch anything and everything that swims I think. Most fish traps are unlit making them really hazardous at night (Advice is "just don't do it!). The fishing boats can be very brightly lit, at least the ones which catch squid etc but they don't carry normal navigation lights and dash around in all directions meaning that us poor yachties don't get to doze at all on our night watches. Roll on the Indian Ocean!!

I can't help taking pictures of cats...I've got hundreds! This one looked just like a mini "Min" (my cat in Guernsey whom I miss very much) so I thought I'd publish it. Well, why not? Most of the cats in Thailand look very well fed and happy which makes a change from other places that aren't cat friendly.

We had an organised Rally party at the Phuket Yacht Haven and the Thai tourist board very kindly put on a show with their dancers and musicians. They were very good but not quite as amazing as the Balinese dancers. Sorry Thailand!

And this one I took last night in Patong which is where it all goes on..... One night was enough! The "Ladyboys" were out in force and if I'd coughed up 100Baht, I'd have had a proper photo, a full frontal no doubt but I wasn't willing to pay anything so settled for a sneaky rear view. I have to say, they are mostly incredibly ugly from the front anyhow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment