My first camel! We were driving southwestwards along the coast towards Yemen and there they were.... a train of them ambling along the side of the road towards something green to eat.

And on the way back to Salalah, we saw them again. I've decided that it's hard to take a bad photo of a camel as long as the head is in view that is. They are just so strange looking from any angle.
I love the egret imitating the camel's pose! I also saw a spoonbill in this spot but the photos weren't so good.
And this is the general view NE up the coast of Oman. In this part of the country, it's all very much the same apart from the Dhofar mountains which are to the left of this photo and which I shall try to upload in a minute....except that it is so slow here for some reason so they may arrive tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment